||Functional reports of subsidiary finance role
This role works in partnership with the Group Chief Financial Officer to provide the Group Exco accurate and timely financial reporting on a monthly basis. Compiles the half year and full year reporting and ensures that successful completion of the audit within the required timelines.
Works with the MD’s and subsidiary finance team to guide and influence the financial direction and sustainability of the businesses in order to achieve the business goals.
Ensures that corporate governance and compliance across the Group is in place and that the group remains compliant within the various regulatory frameworks it operates in.
Personally, drives certain strategic projects that have a large impact on the reliability of the financial reporting i.e. ERP system implementations.
|Minimum education (essential):
- CA (SA) or in country equivalent
|Minimum education (suggested):
|Minimum applicable work experience (years):
- 5-8 years post article experience of which at least 3 years are in a Group FM / Senior Manager / divisional CFO role.
- Experience in the following preferable
- JSE/AIM listed environment.
|Required nature of applicable experience:
- Operational (preferably manufacturing) and/or Corporate Finance
|Computer literacy (essential):
- MS Excel (Expert)
- MS Word (Expert)
- MS PowerPoint(Expert)
|Computer literacy (suggested):
Based on the Values and Competency Frameworks
- Be a hardworking, driven, self-motivated, ambitious person who will be able to work independently and accurately
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- People centric.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Good communicator.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Assertive nature.
- Logical thinker.
- High levels of initiative.
- Work with a high degree of responsibility.
- Work well under pressure and adhere to deadlines.
- Problem solving skills.
- Good planning,
- Organizational, analytical, and decision-making skills.
- Professional approach.
- Excellent Administration
Key Performance areas, WEIGHTS, and Tasks
- Report the financial status of the company in an open and accurate manner.
- To ensure that the financial controls of the company are adequate and maintained.
- To supply the relevant information to the auditors in a timeous fashion.
- Scrutinize expenditure of any items bought against the budget.
- Allocating costs per division in NAV system.
- Correcting all major errors in the NAV accounting system.
- Reporting irregularities to the directors.
- Preparation of annual budgets and forecasts. Monthly consolidated Group Management statements
- First review of monthly accounts (AA, ALH, AIHUK, mWave, COJOT, Linwave)
- Cashflow reporting (Half and Full-year)
- Monthly Cashflow forecasts
- First Review of Salary pay run – Review accuracy
- Bonus Calculations and provisions
- Drive finance specific projects i.e. System implementations or upgrades, costing projects etc.
- Staff management (AA, mWave, COJOT, Linwave and Kuhne)
- Establish, improve, and ensure active management of team’s KPA’s with frequent feedback.
- Ensure there is appropriate and continuous team training.
- Improve and maintain department specific induction.
- Active monitoring and reporting of performance with weekly and monthly management level feedback.
- Establish and maintain incentive structures with frequent feedback.
- Actively manage team well-being.
- Manage relevant HR related processes.
- Active monitoring and reporting of departmental financial performance as per Income statement.
- Identify and regularly monitor key risk areas and key performance indicators of the business.
- Safeguard all assets of the company.
- Ensure that the company complies with relevant laws, regulations, and codes of business practice.
- Meet deadlines for JSE/AIM Regulations regarding publication of results.
- Ensure the Group’s taxes are submitted on time and accurate.
- Treasury function and capital structures
- Forex hedging
- FCTR reconciliations
- Regulatory Approvals (i.e., SARB)
- Any other duties as required by the Group CEO or Board of Directors